Micro Wind Turbine
The Micro Wind Turbine is a Green Roof Team project initiative, driven by the need for encouraging engineering students to utilize the space for their research and projects.
The project was founded with the stigma of the Green Roof for being an agricultural only research space with its physical location on the SIU Agriculture Building. However, funded by the Student Green Fee, it belongs to the university students regardless of major. The implementation of a renewable energy technology will break the stigma and show engineering students that they are welcomed to utilize the space.
VISION & MISSION
The mission is to…
- Advance SIU’s renewable energy agenda.
- Encourage student research projects from across campus.
- Showcase SIU’s culture of innovation.
With this, we strive to achieve our vision of…
“Building a multidisciplinary research laboratory for students across SIU’s campus to focus on their passions through student initiatives.”
- Implement a renewable energy technology.
- Provide hands-on experience for our team members.
- Implement a working device.
WANT TO HELP OUT?
In case you are interested in collaborating with us or if you have any questions, then you can contact us via The Green Roof Team (email@example.com).