Energy Engineering Scholarship
The purpose of the Energy Engineering Scholarship is to boost participation in the Energy Minor and Specialization.
This scholarship is funded by ACERC's Energy Boost, and all decisions regarding disbursement of scholarships will be determined by ACERC's Scholarship Committee. Contact email@example.com or 618/453-7327 with questions.
- Through their SIU education, students can dig deeper into their passions and questions regarding advanced coal and energy research and innovation.
- Mentoring relationships with faculty, staff, and students.
- Potential to work with industry through research and internship opportunities.
- Informal social and academic support.
- Professional and Academic enrichment activities.
- Learn more about the benefits of an SIU education at www.SIU.edu.
Currently open for submissions for academic year 2019-2020.
Submissions Due: April 26, 2019
Winners Announced: May 3, 2019
Award Amount: $5,000 per academic year ($2,500 for fall, $2,500 for spring) for full-time undergraduate students enrolled and in good standing at SIU (see other Eligibility Requirements below).
Award Period: Up to four years starting from the Fall 2019 semester; awards will roll over per semester (fall/spring) until the student graduates based on a semi-annual review of student academic performance and/or a personal interview. Awards will not exceed four years for freshman enrolled as of Fall 2019, two years for transfer students enrolled as of Fall 2019, etc.
Number of Awards: Up to five new scholarships will be awarded per academic year. Students may not be awarded more than one scholarship per semester from ACERC.
Questions? Call 618/453-7327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Be a United States resident.
- Be accepted into SIU with the intent to complete an undergraduate degree as a full-time student, with a minor in energy or energy specialization.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above for graduating high school seniors, and a GPA of 3.0 or above for college students. Award receipients must maintain a 3.0 to remain eligible each semester.
- Applications must be received before the deadline as per the Application Procedure below.
- Fill out and submit the Online Registration Form.
- Complete your application by emailing the following information to email@example.com on or before the submission deadline:
- Provide a 400-500 word essay answering the Scholarship Question: Why is energy important to your future, and the future of the planet? (Microsoft Word document, 500 word limit, single spaced, 1" margins, 12 pt Times New Roman font. Applicant's first and last names and email address are to be in the top right corner of each page.).
- Letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your academic success and potential, e.g., current faculty member, high school teacher, guidance counselor, pastor, etc. (PDF copy of original letter is acceptable, or email directly from reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Copy of most recent high school transcript or college transcript (unofficial transcripts acceptable).
|Award date||Awardee Name||Year and Major|
|August 2018||Nelson Fernandez||Freshman, Mechanical Engineering|